We’d like to thank everyone who has made a submission for OE23. We will be in touch soon with more information on the conference programme, but in the meantime you can register to secure your place in Aberdeen this September.
Share your insights at OE23
The call for papers is now closed
Oil and Gas
- Field developments/redevelopments
- Reservoir characterisation
- Late life management of mature fields
- Health and safety
- Data analytics
- Exploration analytics
- Applied digital technologies
- Digital reservoirs
- Digital drilling
- Digital operations
- Carbon storage
- Hydrogen storage
- Methane emissions
- Infrastructure reuse
- Electrification of offshore platforms
- Hydrogen technology
- Offshore renewables
- The integrated North Sea: Oil and gas, wind, hydrogen, geothermal, and CCUS
- The skills revolution
- Business models
- Regulation and regulators
1. Obtain necessary clearance from your management.
2. The paper abstract must be a minimum of 225 words and no more than 450 words in length and should include a description of the proposed paper, results / conclusions, and the technical category most applicable to your paper.
3. The abstract must be received by 13 February 2023.
4. Submit your abstracts online at offshore-europe.co.uk. The website also offers guidelines for preparing and submitting your paper proposal on time.
5. Do not include the title or author names in the body of the abstract. The title and author information will be requested separately through the submission system.
6. Please note that, if accepted, your abstract may be published, as submitted, in conference information media, including the event website.
7. Authors whose abstracts are accepted will be required to provide a manuscript for inclusion in the conference proceedings. Authors who do not submit a manuscript, together with the associated publication forms, by the due date will be withdrawn from the programme and will not be allowed to present at the conference. Manuscripts will be due to SPE by 3 July 2023.
In the Energy Transition space we are aware that not every abstract fits neatly into one of our categories.
- For any abstracts on the topic of the Energy Transition, please submit your abstract to “The integrated North Sea: Oil and gas, wind, hydrogen and CCUS” category, using “Energy Transition” as keywords, and the Technical Committee will allocate your paper to an appropriate session at the conference.
- For any abstracts on the topic of Geothermal, please submit your abstract to “The integrated North Sea: Oil and gas, wind, hydrogen and CCUS” category, using “Geothermal” as a keyword and the Technical Committee will allocate your paper to an appropriate session at the conference.
SPE and the Programme Committee consider an accepted abstract as a commitment to present. If extenuating circumstances prevent the author from making the presentation, it is the author’s obligation to find an alternative presenter and notify their SPE programme lead and their session chairs (if applicable). Withdrawals must be made in writing to the SPE office as soon as possible. Under no circumstances can a submitted abstract be changed once it has been put forward. Cancellations, particularly after a paper has been accepted and publicised, are viewed by the SPE as highly unprofessional.
Authors may only submit an abstract to one SPE conference at a time. An abstract must be declined by a programme committee prior to being submitted to another conference for consideration. In the event it is detected that an abstract has been submitted to more than one conference, all versions / copies of that abstract will be removed from consideration.
Any paper previously presented at a conference and published in OnePetro may not be resubmitted for publication at another SPE conference. The author may present the subject matter at subsequent conferences at the invitation of the programme committee, but the paper will not be included in the conference proceedings.
The failure of SPE conference authors to have at least one designated individual present the paper at the conference will result in the conference paper being permanently withdrawn from the SPE technical paper archive in OnePetro.
SPE has a stated policy against the use of commercial trade names, company logos, or language that is commercial in tone in the paper title, text or slides. Use of such terms will result in careful scrutiny by the Programme Committee in evaluating abstracts and the presence of commercialism in the paper may result in its being withdrawn from the programme.
All authors of papers presented at the conference will be required to complete and submit a copyright release form to the Society of Petroleum Engineers or submit the copyright exemption form where applicable.
The SPE is committed to ensuring that the environmental impact of our events is kept to a minimum. We aim to make progress in the field of sustainability through reducing energy usage, promoting eco-friendly mobility, reducing water consumption and limiting waste - core values which are in keeping with those of the Oil and Gas industry.
To view SPE’s full conference and publication policies visit: www.spe.org/en/authors/policies/
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT: SOCIETY OF PETROLEUM ENGINEERS, EUROPE AND CASPIAN
TEL: +44 (0) 208 078 6722 EMAIL: [email protected]
FOURTH FLOOR WEST, AMERICA HOUSE, 2 AMERICA SQUARE, LONDON EC3N 2LU, UK
In an effort to further improve SPE’s technical quality standards, all submitted conference papers will be checked for plagiarism.
SPE is adopting ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID), a widely accepted unique identifier for authors, giving them control over their content and eliminating ambiguities. All SPE authors will be required to have an ORCID iD during abstract submission starting 1 January 2023.
If you already have an ORCID iD, you can add it to your SPE Member/Customer Profile. Login to SPE.org and update your profile today!
Promote your company’s innovative technologies and expertise by taking your place on the platform for progress.
Discover new technology, meet industry leaders and grow your business capabilities all under one roof.