Fairfield Energy to share decommissioning experience
Independent North Sea operator Fairfield Energy, which is in the process of decommissioning the Greater Dunlin area assets, will share details of progress in this flagship Northern North Sea project.
Fairfield has made significant progress in pursuit of its transformation from an oil and gas producer to a decommissioning focused operator. The company will be sharing insights and lessons learned from the operational and commercial milestones it has reached since cessation of production at the Dunlin field and Merlin and Osprey subsea satellite fields in 2015.
This will include:
- Progress on the 45 wells platform P&A programme and the techniques applied
- Update on the 16 well subsea P&A programme
- Infrastructure decommissioning options and next steps
- Consulting stakeholders and regulators
- Update on its future plans beyond Dunlin, through its parent company, Decom Energy Limited